From game drives for Big 5 to the golden savannah, Zimbabwe has many shades. This 9-day trip takes you across three locations involving Big 5 game drives in Hwange, moving you to the shining Lake of Kariba and then to the must-visit vocation in Africa at the Victoria Falls.
Your time is spent in an action-packed fashion. You get to see huge elephant-herds safari trips exploring the wild, boating in the world’s largest artificial dam and relax the African way. If you are traveling between February and May, you will get to witness the Victoria Falls at its peak.
- Big 5 game viewing in Hwange
- Fishing & boating on Lake Kariba
- Cruise to Fothergill Island
- Guided tour of Victoria Falls
- Family-friendly accommodation
Type of Accommodation
Zimbabwe Victoria Falls Town, Victoria Falls, Matusadona National Park, Lake Kariba, Hwange National Park Zambia Victoria Falls
- 2 nights at The Private Hide
- 3 nights at Changa Safari Camp
- 3 nights at Victoria Falls Safari Lodge
Day to day itinerary
Hwange’s Popular Game
- Arrive at Victoria Falls International Airport
- Road Transfer to Hwange National Park
- Two night camp at Hwange National Park
Being the largest park in Zimbabwe, Hwange is home to lions, leopards, and African Wild dogs. Your warm camp is set in a way to allow you privacy and yet is not far from the action. Your adventures here include game drives in 4X4’s in search of elephants, buffaloes, and rhinos with a grand chance of spotting giraffes and zebras along with the previously mentioned carnivores.
You will also receive 400 species of birds here along with black-backed jackal and baboons on the trees. The waterhole here is a great spot for photographers, wanting to frame these gorgeous beasts.
Set sail on Lake Kariba
- Checkout Hwange National Park post breakfast
- Drive to airstrip
- Short flight to Lake Kariba
- Transfer to Changa Safari Camp
- Three-night camp
Zambia and Matsuda are bordered by Lake Kariba, which is the world’s biggest artificial lake. Houseboats are popularly seen right when you enter to Changa Safari Camp as it is built on the edge of the lake. It is very comfortable and lavish with a relaxed atmosphere, and you find a lot of peace here.
Sometimes your quiet is disrupted when an African fish eagle glides over. Since you reside by the water, you are prone to witness water monitors and hippos, and you are very much welcomed to ride on to the fishing trip.
The thunder of Victoria Falls
- Checkout Changa Safari Camp
- Drive to airstrip
- Flight to Victoria Falls Town
- Transfer to Victoria Falls Safari Lodge
- Three nights at lodge
Before the trip comes to an end, the visit is at one of the world’s most dynamic waterfall, Victoria Falls. Apart from them being the biggest attraction of all, there are loads of activities happening here including safaris of vultures and tawny eagles or the black elephant back safari.
Or you can have fun the African way, with a bungee jump or white water rafting or take a tour of the waterfalls on your own. From classic food and drinks with the views of the waterfall to adrenaline activities, this place encompasses all.
Finally, the trip comes to an end, and you are escorted to the airport on the last day. We promise you will take back memories to cherish for a long time.
- 3 Nights at Victoria Falls Safari Lodge on bed and breakfast basis
- Shared light aircraft flights as specified in the itinerary
- Elephant Back Safari whilst staying at Victoria Falls Safari Lodge
- Selected fees and levies
- 3 Nights at Changa Safari Camp on fully inclusive basis
- 2 Nights at The Private Hide on fully inclusive basis
- Transfers as specified in the itinerary
- Fishing on Lake Kariba whilst staying at Changa Safari Camp
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature