A 10-day trip to explore Selous’s naturally preserved game reserves followed by Quilalea Private Island for a perfect beach and safari holiday plan.
The World Heritage Site of Selous Game Reserves offers splendid views, a variety of gaming and other activities during your stay, such as, game drive, game walk through, cruising on a boat, and visiting the game park.
The next stop is at Quilalea Island in tropical Quirimbas Archipelago in Mozambique. You can enjoy the adventurous water sports such as deep-sea diving, explore the coral reefs, or enjoy a walk on the white-sandy beaches next to the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean.
10 days of remote and private getaway makes an ideal trip for couples on honeymoon or on a romantic vacation.
- Unique safari & beach escape
- Stay in luxury overlooking the Rufiji River
- See hippos from your cottage
- Experience a walking & boat safari
- Head to a barefoot beach paradise
- Fresh seafood & equisitive coral reefs
- Helicopter transfer from Pemba to Quilalea
Dar es Salaam
Dar es Salaam
Type of Accommodation
Mozambique Quirimbas Tanzania Selous
- 3 nights at Sand Rivers Selous,
- 1 night at Dar Es Salaam Serena Hotel,
- 5 nights at Azura @ Quilalea Private Island
Day to day itinerary
Arrival at Selous Game Reserve
- Arrival at Dar Es Salam Airport
- Chartered flight to Selous Game Reserve
- Transport to Sand Rivers Selous in open game vehicle
- Lodgings will be made available in a tented safari suite that overlooks the beautiful Rufiji River
*Stay vary of the local habitants, which include crocodiles and hippopotamus
Wildlife exploration in Selous
Things to do:
- Explore the safaris in on open-top 4-wheel drive
- Guide will be available for hiking
- Boating and fishing is available
- Excellent spot for bird watching
The exploration trip is filled with adventure, where you can engage in multiple activities or relax by the pool for a lazy afternoon. The scenic view makes a great sport for photography and you can view the sunset, which will be followed by a luscious dinner.
Back to Dar Es Salam
- Flight back to Dar Es Salam in the morning
- Airport transfer to Dar Es Salam Serena Hotel, located in the heart of the city
- Leisurely spend the rest of the day at your discretion
Arrival at Quilalea Private Island
- Flight to Pemba, located in the wild north coast of Mozambique
- A helicopter transfer to Quilalea Private Island
- Check-in into Kaskazi villa
Exploring the Exotic Quirimbas Islands
Quirimbas Islands is home to more than 32 islands waiting to be explored. Whales, dolphins, and Sea cows (endangered dugongs) inhabit the coral reefs and water.
You can choose from various diving sites that are blossoming with marine life for a unique and exotic experience. The sites are fully equipped with diving and snorkeling equipment. There is safety equipment for beginners as well. The hiking trails through the coastal forests give a relaxed walking experience. For people with a passion for exploration, the islands’ vibrant wildlife offers various unique species such as giant coconut crabs, samango monkeys, turtles, and various bird species.
You can also experience kayaking through the mangroves (guided as well as solo) or sail in a traditional dhow. Enjoy dinner at the beach at the end of the day.
Back to Home
After spending a memorable time in Selous and Quilalea Islands, it is time to head back home.
- Flight to Dar Es Salam
- Connecting flight to your destination
- 3 nights at Sand Rivers Selous on a fully inclusive basis,1
- night at Dar Es Salaam Serena Hotel on a bed and breakfast basis,
- 5 nights at Azura @ Quilalea Private Island Lodge on a fully inclusive basis,
- All return air transfers
- International flights,
- Airport taxes,
- All meals and drinks not specified,
- Tips and gratuities,
- Items of a personal nature