Explore Zambia on foot, as you experience walking safaris conducted by experts through the South Luangwa National Park.
This 7-night trip to Zambia features best game-viewing sites as you relocate to three different campsites to get a complete experience of the spectacular South Africa wilderness.
- Twice-daily walking safaris in pristine wilderness
- Rangers are very knowledgeable & experienced
- Mountain biking, microlighting & village visits
Luangwa Parks Area
Luangwa Parks Area
Type of Accommodation
Zambia South Luangwa National Park
- 3 nights at Tafika Camp
- 4 nights at Chikoko Tree Camp
Day to day itinerary
Set-off on your action-packed journey by arriving at the Mfuwe Airport. Here are the highlights of your first three days in Zambia:
- From the airport, you are transferred to the Tafika Lodge, located at a 90-minute drive that offers you the views of African wildlife and prepares you for the adventurous journey that lies ahead of you.
- Arrive at your camp located by the banks of the Luangwa River and equipped with all modern day amenities. Be welcomed personally by the owner of the camp, and feel like home as you stay at this comfortable camp.
With your camp being carefully located by the river, enjoy watching elephants and hippos as they drink from and bathe in the river. While the river runs past the national park, you can also follow it to experience ox-bow lagoons and riverine that is home to a wide range of animals including Zambia’s most known highest concentration of leopards and over four hundred different species of birds.
Enjoy 4×4 game drives guided by experts, along with thrilling activities such as mountain biking, micro lighting and perhaps a trip to the local Mkasanga Village.
Head to your next adventure as you enjoy a 4-hour walk from Tafika to the Crocodile River Camp, with your luggage being portered to your next accommodation. Located off the Chikoko Trails, this camp is situated within the South Luangwa National Park – accessible exclusively by foot. Enjoy your stay at this rustic camp with reed-and-thatch chalets reconstructed every year and accommodates up to six people.
Enjoy walking safaris as you indulge in the wilderness of the Luangwa valley. Carefully plan each day of your trip, starting with a morning walk with your tour guide and a warm cup of tea,right after sunrise. Relax at your camp, as you set-off on another round of walk that begins around 4 pm and gets you back at the camp just before sunset.
From the Crocodile River Camp, you set off on a 4-hour walk with an expert guide and of course, a tea flask to keep you refreshed throughout your journey. From here you arrive at Chikoko Tree Camp right in time for lunch. Located at a distance of 8 KM from the Tafika and situated on the banks of the Luangwa River, this camp promises scenic views and a quick walk to the Perekani, where Livingstone expressed his love for the Luangwa valley. Enjoy your stay in this region with wilderness surrounding from your all sides. While, your routine remains very much the same as it was at Crocodile River Camp, with tours taking place after sunrise and ending before sunset, the Luangwa valley offers you picturesque views and you can view hundreds of animals that would walk right past by you.
Prepare to head back home, as you set-off on a 4-hour walk with your guide, right back to the Tafika Camp. From here you are transported to the Mfwe Airport where you can easily board on your connecting flight leading you home.
- 3 Nights at Tafika Camp on fully inclusive basis
- Road transfers
- National Park fees,Contribution to Luangwa Conservation & Community Fund
- 4 Nights at Chikoko Trail Camps on fully inclusive basis
- Activities at each camp
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature