KwaZulu-Natal, a lush coastal province is one of South Africa’s best-kept safari secret. You will jet directly to The Homestead at Phinda from Johannesburg. For four nights, explore Phinda Private Game Reserve by open safari 4×4 while canoeing down Mzinene River. The Homestead has four suites and an interactive kitchen to get hands-on lessons with the head chef in creating South Africa’s popular dishes.
You are also flown to Cape Town and driven to the beautiful Stellenbosch Valley where your abode is the Owner’s Lodge at Delaire Graff, an estate where the wines and mountain views are matched only by the service, art collection and cuisine.
After amazing three days stay you head off to De Hoop Nature Reserve on the Western Cape coast where you will stay at Morokuru Ocean House, specifically built with comfort and green solutions in mind. Spend your days cycling around the reserve, walking among the glittering rock pools and relaxing on the deck; with a pair of binoculars on your side to watch dolphins or whales migrating to South.
- Exquisite safari accommodation at Phinda
- Enjoy birding, tracking, horse riding & walking safaris
- Spectacular views of the Winelands
- Beautiful art & wonderful cuisine
- Splendid solitude in marine sanctuary
- Eco-friendly seaside villa with original art
Type of Accommodation
South Africa Kwazulu-Natal, Johannesburg, Cape Town
- 4 nights at The Homestead at Phinda
- 3 nights at Delaire Graff Estate
Day to day itinerary
Explore the wilds of Phinda
- Direct flight into Phinda Private Game Reserve where game viewing begins on the drive from the airstrip to The Homestead.
For the first four days of your trip, you will set off for a Big Five game drive. With seven different habitats within the reserve, you will enjoy tracking endangered rhinos and spending an exciting evening searching for elusive leopard.
On your third day, enjoy the beach. The Maputaland coast has long sandy beaches where you can swim or take a long walk or snorkel at Jesser Point.
Sublime views of Wine Country
- Drive from Cape Town International Airport to Delaire Graff
Enjoy the next two days unwinding in a spa and taking day trips to the surrounding Winelands. On day six, you will be guided by an experienced wine lover through the many farms; your itinerary will be tailor-made for you based on your wine preferences.
The next day, it’s up to you whether you would like to visit Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, Cape Point Nature Reserve or you can take a boat trip to Seal Island or look at the endangered African penguins at Boulders Beach.
Southern Cape Coast Exploration
For the next four days, explore the marvels of Southern South Africa as you comfortably lodge at Delair Graff that offers scenic views overlooking the vast oceans.
There are plenty of activities in the region such as whale watching at the Whale coast or going on mountain-biking trails. The De Hoop reserve is a perfect adventure spot for a fun-filled family adventure into the malaria-free zone.
- 11 nights accommodation
- Flight from Johannesburg to Cape Town,Scheduled air transfers to Phinda Game Reserve from Johannesburg
- Return private transfers from Cape Town Airport to Delaire Graff Estate
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature