Our 9-day trip to Selous and Ruaha in South Africa promises an ultimate safari adventure. The trip features a stay at the luxurious Southern Sun Hotel in Dar es Salaam.
Next, we take you to Msembe where you stay at the warm and welcoming Kigelia Camp and enjoy Africa’s untouched beauty. Finally, you head to the Selous National Park where you spend four days exploring Africa’s best game reserve.
- Remote conservation areas
- Tanzania’s off-the-beaten track hotspots
- Optional fly-camping in Selous
- Big 5 game viewing & wild dogs
- Boating & birding
- Convenient fly-in transfers
Type of Accommodation
Tanzania Ruaha, Dar Es Salaam, Selous
- 1 night at Southern Sun Dar es Salaam
- 3 nights at Kigelia Camp
- 4 nights at Sand Rivers Selous
Day to day itinerary
- Fly out to the Julius Nyerere International Airport in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- From the airport, you will be received by our representative and will be transported to the Southern Sun Hotel.
Relax away at this luxurious hotel surrounded by some of the best restaurants and picturesque views of the Indian Ocean. Explore the exotic botanical gardens of Dar es Salaam and spend your first two days on the balmy beaches of the region.
- Get up bright and early, enjoy a light breakfast before heading to the airport.
- Board your flight to the Msembe Airstrip.
- Enjoy a quick road transfer to your warm and welcoming abode – the Kigelia Camp.
Unpack and freshen up before heading for an exciting afternoon game-drive. Surrounded by baobab trees and sausage trees, the lodge offers you a blend of two unique ecosystems. Experience Tanzanian safari, spot the famous Big Five and get lost in the wilderness during your stay at the comfortable Kigelia Camp.
Next, you head to the Selous National Park. Home to some of the large population of animals, especially the Big Five, Selous is an ideal destination for all those in search of an authentic safari adventure.
Spend your time in the region soaking in the beauty of Africa’s greatest savannah, floodplains, and grasslands. Enjoy game drives and guided walks that offer plenty of opportunities to spot elephants, lions and wild dogs along with other African favorites.
On your final day, head to the Kiba airstrip from where you will fly out to the Julius Nyerere International Airport in Dar es Salaam to catch your connecting flight home.
- 1 Night at Southern Sun Dar Es Salaam on dinner, bed and breakfast basis
- Shared light aircraft flights as specified in the itinerary
- Transfers as specified in the itinerary
- Park fees
- 2 Nights at Kigelia Ruaha on game package basis
- 4 Nights at Sand Rivers Selous on game package basis
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature