Our itinerary explores one of the most diverse and breathtaking regions located in South Africa. Kwazulu Natal provides tourists with an extremely different experience which is exceptionally different than one experiences in a typical African holiday.
Even though Drakensberg has everything from a stunning environment, extraordinary culture and an extensive wildlife; what makes Drakensberg more appealing, is the unadulterated experience it offers to its tourists. You fly into O. R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg to spend time at one of the most scenic places in South Africa and it is a promise that during your whole trip, there won’t be a single moment where you will feel uninterested or fed-up.
- Go hiking in the incredible Drakensberg
- Swim in the trickling mountain streams
- Enjoy horseback riding through the surrounds
- Go trout fishing in the Little Mooi River
- Meet a spiritual healer & herbalist
- Explore the historic Natal Battlefields
- See art & artefacts from the Zulu war
- Relax with a range of spa treatments
- Enjoy delicious, locally prepared meals
- Stay in charming lodges with warm service
Type of Accommodation
South Africa Kwazulu-Natal
- 2 nights at Cleopatra Mountain Farmhouse
- 2 nights at Fordoun Spa
- Hotel and Restaurant
- 2 nights at Fugitives’ Drift Guest House
Day to day itinerary
Hike through the Regal Drakensberg Mountains
- Arrival at O. R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg
- Collect your rental car and make your way to Cleopatra Mountain Farmhouse
Located in the beautiful Drakensberg Mountains, this astounding country-house is going to be your home for the following two nights. Spend your day hiking through the magnificent mountains of Drakensberg or swim into the pure clear waters, the preferences are limitless. Drakensberg Mountains are famous for their untamed wildlife, with over over fifty species of birds, the nature lovers will have a great time here. For those with an exploratory vein, horseback rides and hiking along the exquisite mountain trails will content the adventurer within.
Relax in the Midlands
- Make your way to Fordoun Spa in the KwaZulu Natal Midlands
The farm-buildings are elegantly decorated to offer the guests a luxurious and comfortable accommodation. The herb garden is the most favorite of both locals and the tourists visiting. Tourists can enjoy the landscape views by availing hot air balloon rides during the stay. Retreat yourself during your stay and enjoy a soothing spa-treatment for a relaxation massage.
Learn All About Zulu Battles
Fugitives’ Drift Guest House is going to be your accommodation for these two days. Situated on the rich in history Natal Battlefields, it offer guests an amazing range of contemporary memorabilia related to the well-known Zulu War. You can also enjoy Buffalo River situated next to it, where you can spend your day fishing in the river.
For the tourists greatly interested in the cultural history, a visit to the memorial of the Prince Imperial or the Talana Museum is a must during their stay. The guided historic tours will help you learn more about the wars fought between the British and the Zulus. To make your trip more memorable, you can buy souvenirs from there to take a piece of Drakensberg back home with you.
- End of journey
- Catch your outbound flight
- 2 nights at Cleopatra Mountain Farmhouse on a half board basis
- 2 nights at Fordoun Spa
- Hotel and Restaurant on a bed and breakfast basis
- 2 nights at Fugitives’ Drift Guest House on a full board basis
- 7 day car rental
- International flights,Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature