Once you embark on your gorilla trekking journey, you will hike deep into the forests that will give you an exposure into the jungle. If you have an adventurous spirit, then gorilla trekking will be the best experience you can get.
Gorillas are not easy to identify, which is why only experienced guides and trekkers can reach out to them. The trekking experience includes driving down the savannah in SUVs after which, you will need to proceed on foot. Once you reach your camping site, you would be living life in its primitive form. There are no luxurious amenities available deep in the jungle, which makes it a truly authentic experience.
While you are gorilla trekking, you can explore a variety of species that dwell in the jungle. You can also experience other lifeforms in the wilderness, which makes it a good photography spot. Once you are in the jungle, you follow the rules of the jungle.
If you are lucky, you might encounter a gorilla family, which in all fairness is not that different from ours. You would be able to see infant gorillas playing with each other, while mother gorillas keeping them in check. The excitement would be intense; however, what might be more intense is standing just a few feet away from an adult gorilla – the breathtaking moment.
- Trek to the Dian Fossey Research Camp
- Search for mountain gorillas & golden monkeys
- Visit Buhanga Sacred Forest
- Climb volcanoes & cruise on lakes
- Visit Iby’iwacu cultural village & Musanze Market
- Bird-watching walks
- Massage treatments to refresh after hikes
- Experience Kwita Izina, the gorilla-naming ceremony (June only)
Type of Accommodation
- 1 night at Kigali Serena Hotel
- 3 nights at Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge
Day to day itinerary
- Flight into Kigali
- A shuttle bus transfer to Kigali Serena hotel
Settle into a comfortable multi-story hotel that has a Spa, gym, and several other amenities.
- Heading to Virunga Mountains
- Travel to Virunga Mountians
Day two to four you will spend your time in the wilderness in the National Park in Virunga Mountain range, which is the first conservatory area to protect the gorillas. There are various amenities to offer a comfortable stay and exploration trips to view gorillas up close for a perfectly scenic moment.
- Return to Kigali
After your memorable experience, you will be transported back to Kigali to catch your flight home.
- 3 Nights at Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge on fully inclusive basis
- Transfers as per the itinerary,Gorilla Trek (including permit)
- Community Fees
- Golden Monkey Trek (including permit)
- 1 Night at Kigali Serena Hotel on bed and breakfast basis
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature