The luxury train travel will take you on an iconic journey through the beautiful landscape between Botswana and Zimbabwe. Enjoy authentic safaris as you travel between these two countries for a comprehensive game viewing experience.
The rich and abundant wildlife along with a range of romantic destinations makes it an ideal vacation trip for honeymooners and newlyweds. Enjoy big five safaris and lodge in luxury hotels for a perfect blend of wildlife exploration and romantic getaway.
- Take a luxurious Rovos Rail train journey
- Game viewing in Hwange National Park
- Visit the iconic Victoria Falls
- Day & night game drives in Botswana
- Excellent dry-season elephant viewing
- Fantastic year-round big game viewing & birding
- Safari walks & canoe excursions
- Experience the world-famous Okavango Delta
Type of Accommodation
Zimbabwe Victoria Falls, Hwange National Park Zambia Victoria Falls Botswana Okavango Delta, Savuti, Chobe
- 3 nights at Rovos Rail
- 2 nights at Victoria Falls Hotel
- 2 nights at Chobe Under Canvas
- 2 nights at Savute Under Canvas
- 3 nights at Sandibe Okavango Safari Lodge
Day to day itinerary
The Journey to Botswana
- Board the elegant Rovos Rail from Pretoria Station
- Travel across the goldfields of Johannesburg
- Enter Botswanan region
- Travel across the landscape and enter into Zimbabwe
The two-day train travel is filled with exotic food, scenic views, and artistic landscapes. Journey past the beautiful pastures of Johannesburg, Botswana, and view the majestic Magaliesberg Mountains on the route. You will be served scrumptious and well-sorted lunch and dinner in the train’s dining car.
Reaching Hwange National Park
- Depart from Mpopoma Train Station
- Travel onwards to Hwange National Park
- Arrival at Kennedy Station
- Transfer to Hwange National Park
Enjoy the blissful views as you travel towards Hwange National Park and go on extensive game drives in Zimbabwe’s largest national park. The conservatory area offers extensive game viewing, where you can easily spot large herds of animals and the famous big 5. Witness the thrilling high-speed chase between predators and their prey for a true African safari experience.
Victoria Falls Exploration
Take a romantic trip to the iconic Victoria Falls, stretching over 1.8 kilometers. The scenic and picturesque views entice your senses and ignite romance all over again.
Take a memorable photograph under the misty waterfall renowned for ‘The Smoke that Thunders’ that will remain your most cherished memory. Stay comfortably at the Victoria Falls Hotel from where you can view the beautiful waterfall. You can go on sunset cruises with your loved ones for a perfect romantic getaway into Africa.
Depart for Botswana
- Transfer to Kasane, Botswana Border
- Charter flight to Chobe National Park
Explore the majestic Chobe River with your soulmate and explore the marvelous landscape. Go on extensive game drives to view the big 5 and return to relax in your comfortable tent house – Chobe Under Canvas.
Explore the northern regions of Chobe National Park, which has abundant wildlife and offers enigmatic views. You will be amazed at the flourishing wildlife in the region with a large population of lions dominating the lands.
Flight to Okavango
Take a quick game drive in Chobe National Park and depart for the airstrip that will take you to Okavango Delta in a chartered plane. Upon arrival, you will be transferred to Sandibe Lodge where you will check in and rest before heading out to explore the dense grasslands and vegetation.
The lush greenery in the region offers scenic views, and you can take a stroll into the wild with your loved one. There are plenty of activities for an adventurous getaway such as the traditional dugout canoe, thrilling game drives in the Kalahari woodlands, and boat rides to venture in deeper Delta.
Back to home
After an eventful and enriching experience, you will fly to Johannesburg International Airport to board your flight back home.
- Scenic 25 minute Vic Falls Helicopter Flight
- 3 Nights on the Rovos Rail from Pretoria to Victoria Falls on fully inclusive basis
- Shared light aircraft flights as per the itinerary
- 2 Nights at Chobe Under Canvas on fully inclusive basis
- 2 Nights at Savute Under Canvas on fully inclusive basis
- 3 Nights at Sandibe Okavango Safari Lodge on fully inclusive basis
- 2 Nights at Victoria Falls Hotel on bed and breakfast basis
- Road transfers as per the itinerary
- Flight from Maun to Johannesburg
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature