Since Guides are the backbones of African safari excursions, we provide you with a renowned private guide Alistair Kilpin.
This 13-day journey will take you through Zimbabwe, Victoria Falls and into the Lower Zambezi region of Zambia. Starting in Zimbabwe, you relish with a walking tour of the ancient rock art or visit Matobo National Park; where you will come across the grave of Cecil John Rhodes, who is well- known as the empire-builder. Next is the renowned Hwange National Park, famous for its large elephant population where you explore the scrubland by watching the electrifying game drives.
- Private guide Alistair Kilpin accompanies you throughout
- Family-friendly accommodation
- Plenty of walking
- Rock art, birding & Big 5 game drives
- Stay in a World Heritage Site
Type of Accommodation
Zimbabwe Victoria Falls, Matobo National Park, Hwange National Park Zambia Victoria Falls, Lower Zambezi
- 3 nights at Big Cave Camp
- 2 nights at The Hide
- 3 nights at The Elephant Camp
- 2 nights at Chiawa Camp
- 2 nights at Old Mondoro
Day to day itinerary
Metabo National Park
- Arrive atR. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg
- Flight to Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
- Check-in to Big Cave Camp and onto your first game drive in Matobo National Park
- Three nights Stay at Big Cave Camp
This lesser-known national park holds a detailed history. Expect to see black vultures, large Leopard populations and enjoy extensive game drives in this naturally abundant region. The camp has a stone and straw architecture, with a great park to walk around.
Explore over 3000 rock paintings and gain insights on the prevailing heritage. Your expedition to track endangered rhinos with your guide will be a memorable experience for years to come.
- Wrap-up & Check-out from Big Cave Camp
- Road trip to Hwange National Park
- Three Night Stay in Camp
Hwange National Park is home to more than 400 species of birds, and get a rare opportunity to spot smart and energetic wild dog packs. The vast plains offer comprehensive game drives where you can witness predators such as lions, leopards, cheetah, and African wild cats.
Also, you can come across very large herds of buffalos and elephants quenching their thirst near the waterhole. You can also witness the marvelous creatures while enjoying a sundowner at the camp while watching the waterhole.
The Elite Victoria Falls
- Goodbye to Hwange
- Drive to border at Victoria Falls with Alistair
- Drive to The Elephant Camp
- 4 Night Stay at Elephant Camp
The lavish Elephant Camp is at the remote borders of Victoria Falls Town. You can also meet the injured elephants, resting in the reserve right below your comfortable suite. You receive the opportunity to learn about the abandoned cheetah that has made the camp his home.
Regular activities include bird watching, nature walks, a visit to Wildlife Trust, scrumptious meals at the Lookout Café which has the best view of the waterfall and enjoy drinks at the Batoka Gorge. Special Activities surrounding the waterfall includes, white water rafting, bridge swinging, a tour of the Victoria Falls and bungee jumping.
Lower Zambezi Adventure
- Wrapping up at the elephant camp
- Cross-border drive across Zambezi River
- Enter Livingstone & Drive to Harry Mwanga Nkumbula International Airport
- Land in Lusaka
- Lower Zambezi National Park
- Check-in for 3 Nights into Chiawa Camp
On Zambezi River banks, you will find your spacious and comfortable camps having king-sized beds. You are offered all kinds of water activities at the camp. Specialties include Canoe trips looking for elephants, nature walks, and multiple game drives.
- Check out from Chiawa Camp
- Drive to Old Mondoro Camp
- Three nights stay at Old Mondoro Camp
This exclusive camp only entertains eight guests at one time hence you receive a truly personalized African experience here. Your tent is set by the river, and you are provided with a telescope for bird watching and to spot the animals that drink water from the river.
Alistair, your guide, will take you on vehicle and boat game drives. You are likely to come across crocodiles, African fish eagles, hippos and water monitors. Safari at dawn time at this place is exquisite as everything comes to life.
Finally, on the last day your guide Alistair, will part ways with you after dropping you to Kenneth Kaunda International Airport so that you can catch your flight back!
- 3 Nights at Big Cave Camp on fully inclusive basis
- 2 Nights at The Hide on fully inclusive basis
- 3 Nights at The Elephant Camp on fully inclusive basis
- 2 Nights at Chiawa Camp on fully inclusive basis
- 2 Nights at Old Mondoro on fully inclusive basis
- Private guide throughout the itinerary
- Flight from Johannesburg to Bulawayo
- Flight from Lusaka to Johannesburg
- Selected park and conservation fees
- Inter-camp transfers and flights as specified in the itinerary
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature