Spend nine days getting the best of both worlds on this Sabi Sands and Bazaruto Archipelago bush and beach holiday. Begin with unbridled exclusivity at the Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve in South Africa.
It is one of Africa’s best destinations for the Big 5 and you will enjoy guided nature walks and exciting night drives from your base at Lion Sands River Lodge. Then it is off to the white-sand beaches of the Bazaruto Archipelago, lying just off the Mozambican mainland, for five days of incredible scuba diving, beach walks, lazy relaxation and spa treatments at Azura Benguerra, a beautiful eco-boutique retreat.
- An ideal honeymoon combination
- Track the Big 5 a private concession
- Dive in the incredible Bazaruto Archipelago
- Enjoy barefoot beach luxury at Azura Benguerra
- Unwind with spa treatments & massages
Type of Accommodation
Mozambique Bazaruto South Africa Kruger
- 3 nights at Lion Sands River Lodge
- 5 nights at Azura Benguerra
Day to day itinerary
See the Big 5
Begin your journey in Nelspruit with a flight from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport to the airstrip in the Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve. You will be met and transferred to the luxurious Lion Sands River Lodge; keep your eyes open – this is big game country.
Enjoy some of Africa’s most exclusive and rewarding game viewing on morning and afternoon drives as you explore this spectacular wildlife reserve for the Big 5 and hosts of other classic African animals. And since the Sabi Sands is a private reserve, you will also enjoy night drives, guided bush walks and off-roading for up-close views of Sabi’s legendary wildlife.
Relax between game drives on a lounger by the swimming pool or on the deck overlooking the river. You can also treat yourself to a wellness treatment or massage at the lodge’s health spa.
Explore the Indian Ocean
Transfer back to the airport for a short-haul flight to Vilanculos, and then your helicopter flight to Azura Benguerra, on Benguerra Island. Spend five nights in this luxurious accommodation, with the beach on your doorstep.
Go diving in the Bazaruto Marine National Park, where you can see the astoundingly diverse marine life, or set off to sea and try to catch a giant black marlin or wahoo. However, possibly one of the best things to do, is absolutely nothing. Settle onto the plump cushions shaded by thatched beachside salas and watch dhows sail by on the translucent sea.
On your final day, refreshed and revitalised, fly back to Vilanculos, for your connecting flight to Johannesburg and continue with your onward travel arrangements.
- 3 Nights at Lion Sands River Lodge on fully inclusive basis
- 5 Nights at Azura Benguerra on fully inclusive basis
- Flight from Johannesburg to Skukuza
- Flight from Nelspruit to Vilanculos
- Flight from Vilanculos to Johannesburg
- Return helicopter transfer from Vilanculos to Azura Benguerra
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature