This exciting 12-day bush and beach tour takes you from the exclusive game-rich Sabi Sands Reserve in the Kruger National Park to the stunning turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean island of Mauritius.
Begin with a spectacular few days on safari at Exeter River Lodge in the Sabi Sands where you can enjoy game drives in search of the Big 5. When you have had your fill of the South African bush, spend a night in vibrant Johannesburg at the friendly and stylish Peech Hotel.
Then head for the dazzling shores of Mauritius to laze for six relaxing days on white sandy beaches, scuba dive in the crystal-clear Indian Ocean and enjoy the simple pleasures of life at LUX Le Morne.
- Combine a safari with a tropical beach
- Spot the Big 5 in a private concession
- Enjoy the Sabi Sands’ famous leopard sightings
- Watch wildlife from your private plunge pool
- Relax at two exquisite lodges
- Scuba dive the tropical Indian Ocean
- Enjoy a variety of watersports
- De-stress at LUX Le Morne’s Spa
Type of Accommodation
Mauritius Flic-En-Flac, West Coast South Africa Kruger, West Coast
- 4 nights at Dulini River Lodge
- 1 night at The Peech Hotel
- 6 nights at LUX* Le Morne
Day to day itinerary
Enjoy Big 5 game viewing in Sabi
Arrive at Johannesburg’s OR Tambo International Airport to catch a flight into the Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve and then transfer to Exeter Private Game Lodge for the next four nights. Enjoy exciting morning, afternoon and evening game drives as well as excellent bird watching as you search for the Big 5 and other classic plains game.
Exeter River Lodge is at the heart of some of the best game-viewing country in Africa and is particularly famous for excellent leopard sightings – rangers can go off-road so prepare for some up-close photographic opportunities, especially on evening drives.
Overnight in the City of Gold
Today you will transfer to the Peech Hotel in the upscale neighbourhood of Melrose in Johannesburg where you can relax before travelling to Mauritius the next day.
The hotel features a large swimming pool, bistro restaurant and a welcoming champagne bar.
Experience life on Mauritius
After breakfast head back to OR Tambo International Airport where you catch your flight to Mauritius. Once on the tropical island, transfer to LUX Le Morne, a beautiful beachfront hotel situated on the pristine Morne peninsula.
Spend the next six days enjoying all that this spectacular destination has to offer. Relax on the white sandy beach that is 600m / 2 000ft long, float in one of four swimming pools or snorkel in the crystal-clear Indian Ocean. The hotel offers a wide range of watersports such as wind surfing, sea kayaking, water skiing and scuba diving.
Take a ride on a glass-bottomed boat, pump up your adrenaline on a speedboat or head to the LUX Me Spa for revitalising sessions in the hammam, sauna or Vichy shower treatment room.
Land activities on offer include beach volleyball, tennis and mini golf while superb 18-hole Championship golf courses lie a short way from the resort. Youngsters can check into the Kids’ and Teens’ Club for everything from music and dance classes to face painting and mosiac making.LUX Le Morne has three restaurants serving Mauritian, Mediterranean and Thai cuisine, as well as a coffee cafe for your morning espresso or cappuccino.
Head back home
Transfer back to the airport today for your flight to Johannesburg and your onward travel arrangements, your soul replenished by a sojourn in Africa…
- 4 nights at Exeter River Lodge on a fully inclusive basis
- 1 night at The Peech Hotel on a bed and breakfast basis
- 6 nights at LUX* Le Morne on a bed and breakfast basis
- Return flights from Johannesburg to Sabi Sands
- Return road transfers from Johannesburg Airport to The Peech Hotel
- Return flights from Johannesburg to Mauritius
- Return road transfers from Mauritius Airport to LUX* Le Morne
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature