A three-day walking safari trip for families in the exotic Samburu area
Local guides from Samburu and Maasai will accompany your family to experience the scenic views of Kenyan wildlife. Travel in a caravan of camels across Laikipia Plateau and enjoy the lush scenery.
- Stay in authentic mobile safari camps
- Go walking with Maasai & Samburu warriors
- Let the kids experience riding along on camels
- Cool off in the Ewaso Nyiro River
- Spot wildlife as you walk in the Laikipia Plateau
- View Mt Kenya as you enjoy a cool drink
Type of Accommodation
2 nights at Mobile Camps
Day to day itinerary
Walk in the wild, and ride camels
- Flight to Nanyuki
- 2 hour drive with accompanied guide to Nyarara Camp
Once you reach Nyarara camp, you can explore the wildlife on foot along the countryside, followed by dinner at the camp. There are various activities for children, which include, viewing the surrounding area on camel rides. The comfortable mobile tents will give you a real camping experience in the African wilderness.
Travelling to Ewaso Nyiro River
Day two will see you embark upon a journey that sees you at Ewaso Nyiro River, for an exotic fishing and swimming experience. Ewaso Nyiro River is a delight for all the family members where you can witness the natural habitats of the region, including giraffe, eland, Grevy’s Zebra, and waterbuck. Enjoy our freshly prepared beverages while enjoying the sunset towards Mt. Kenya.
*Keep a watchful eye for lions, wild dogs, cheetahs, leopards, as they are hard to detect.
Return to Nanyuki
- Drive to Nanyuki to board a flight to Nairobi
- Flight from Nairobi Airport back home
- Return road transfers to & from Porini Rhino Camp or Nanyuki
- 2 nights in lightweight mobile tents on fully inclusive basis
- Conservation fees
- Flying Doctor membership
- Kimancho airstrip local transfers (if flying in)
- Exclusive walking safari
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature