This romantic holiday in South Africa has numerous highlights including the scenic beauty which Cape Town has to offer, the gastronomic adventure lying for you in Franschhoek Winelands and the excitement of watching the whales at Hermanus.
And not to forget the regal Kruger National Park. This thirteen-day journey is going to encompass everything that a regal honeymoon should have; the itinerary also allows you set the pace of the vacation and visit places that offer an unbeatable experience that you will cherish for a lifetime.
- Explore Cape Town & the Winelands
- Whale watching in Hermanus (in season)
- Incredible cuisine & vineyards
- Experience the Big 5 in total luxury
- Horseback wine-tasting adventure
Type of Accommodation
South Africa Franschhoek, Hermanus, Whale Coast, Cape Town, Cape Winelands, Kruger
- 4 nights at Kensington Place
- 2 nights at Birkenhead House
- 2 nights at La Residence
- 4 nights at Royal Malewane
Day to day itinerary
Day 1- Day 4
- Arrive at the Cape Town International Airport
- Meet with our representative and collect your rental car to make the short trip to the exotic city of Cape Town
- Check into the exquisite Kensington Place Boutique Hotel which is located in the enclave of Higgovale on the slopes of the majestic Table Mountain
- The hotel is located in a vicinity which makes numerous destinations such as the VA waterfront and Rivera Camps easily accessible
- Spend some carefree days in the beautiful Port City of Cape town
- Enjoy a tantalizing lunch of fresh seafood at the Kalk Bay for which this location is famous for
- The cable car ride at the top of the mountain is going to be one of the most thrilling moments of your life as you look over the city from a bird’s eye view
- The lion’s head also waits to be explored offering you rich wildlife viewing opportunities
- Also be sure to visit the glorious Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden where you will find the endangered African Penguins
- Snorkeling with the seals is also going to be one of the most thrilling experiences of the trip
- After a thrilling day of adventure an exploration return back to the beautiful Kensington Place
- Unwind and relax after a hot, delicious dinner to freshen up for the journey next day
Day 5- Day 7
- Depart for the spectacular Hermanus which is well-loved tourist destination
- This small town is set on the rocky cliffs overlooking the gorgeous Walker Bay
- Check into the stunning Birkenhead House which has to offer unparalleled scenic views to those living there
- This is the location where you will get to experience some of the most exquisite cuisine at the comfort of a luxurious suite where you can spend lazy days with your other half as you look out of the huge windows at the rolling waters below
- Tourists over here will experience the thrilling whale watching. This experience will leave you spellbound as you look at the miraculous natural phenomenon
- After a thrilling yet tiring day treat yourself to a day at the spa where you can relax your body and mind both
- After the spa treatment have a delicious candlelit dinner with your better half featuring a world-class cuisine which is caught fresh from the ocean
Day 7- Day 9
- Depart from the Birkenhead House you will drive inland to the beautiful scenery of the fine wine country
- This historic destination offers a chance to taste some of the finest wines across the country
- Descend into the Franschhoek Valley which is popular for the exquisite cuisine which it has to offer
- Franschhoek is regarded as the food and wine capital of the country
- The eighth day starts at Michelin hotel, where you can find the number of restaurants to choose from
- Check into the beautiful La Residence which is going to be your home for the next few days
- This grandly elegant hotel has all the facilities of the world to make sure the tourists feel at home
- The gastronomic adventure will begin at the La Residence where our chef prepared the best dishes for you
- Saddle up for a full-day private guided horse-riding and wine-tasting tour of the vineyards.
- After stopping for lunch, tourists will leave their steads behind and enjoy wine tastings at three top estates before being returned to ‘La Res’ for dinner.
Day 9- Day 12
- Leave the Whale Coast and the Cape Winelands behind and travel on to the next destination
- Drive back to the Cape Town International Airport and catch a flight to the beautiful city of Johannesburg
- The charter flight will then take you to the world famous wilderness region which houses the famous Kruger National Park
- Right adjacent to the park is the gorgeous Thornybush Private Reserve
- Our guide will be waiting for you at the airport after which he will accompany you to the stunning Royal Malewane which will be your home for the next few days
- This beautiful day is going to take your breath away with its exquisite scenic views
- Six palatial suites feature air conditioning, a rim-flow pool and private verandahs to enjoy the sights and sounds of the surrounding wilderness.
- The spa dealings feature hydrotherapy using mineral-rich waters drawn out from the springs deep beneath the reserve, which is certain to soothe and invigorate you while relaxing in the warmth of the noon hours.
- Venturing out in the calm air of early morning or late evening, you will meet a plethora of faunae and birds here. While the Big Five are preferred animals to spot, there is so much more to enthrall and experience than a mere list of species.
- Allow the charm of the wilderness to embrace you completely, and you will discover an altogether all-inclusive experience which is quite unlike any other.
- The leopards here are well-known for their relaxed behavior, where they go about their lives sneeringly ignoring the clicking of cameras with the experienced ease of Hollywood celebs.
- Stopping at a picturesque spot permit you to stretch your legs, the guide is going to produce a hamper of Icey cold drinks and enjoy In the fading light of the orange African setting sun, you and your partner will gaze out over this outstanding wilderness, at peace with your environs as you toast the splendor of an African sunset.
- When you return to the lodge, you are going to find it ablaze with the light from lanterns, and the luxurious colors of the furniture and fabrics glow opulently, welcoming you home.
- After a tantalizing dinner go to bed as you relive all the memorable moments from the last few days
- Bid farewell to the gorgeous destinations and travel back home with a treasure trove of memories to cherish for a lifetime
- 4 Nights at Kensington Place on bed and breakfast basis
- 9 days luxury car rental
- Flight from Cape Town International Airport to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport
- Scheduled charter flights from Kruger Mpumalanga Airport to Royal Malewane and back to Johannesburg
- 2 Nights at Birkenhead House on bed and breakfast basis
- 2 Nights at La Residence on bed and breakfast basis
- 4 Nights at Royal Malewane on fully inclusive basis
- Winelands Equestrian Adventure Tour
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature