It is not very often that you are presented with an opportunity as rare as this, where you can be around wild and untamed giant mammals without any obstruction.
Gorilla trekking is a famous wildlife sport where you can witness the wilderness in a very different environment. These hairy beasts have the strength to lift thousands of pounds and are feared to be one of the most powerful beings on earth. Despite their characteristics, gorillas live in packs and bond well with other members of the clan. They travel, hunt, and eat the food in groups, which makes it all the more interesting.
Taking one of the safari trips to explore the wilderness and the gorilla culture will be an experience of a lifetime. The life changing adventure will leave you with memories for years to come, one that can be foretold to your grandchildren, if these magnificent beasts ever become extinct.
Taking gorilla trekking trips will also help contribute towards the conservation of these endangered species to ensure their survival for a longer period. Moreover, it is likely that gorilla trekking may not be possible after a few years, which makes it a deal while it lasts.
- Gorilla tracking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Chimp & primate walks to search for colobus & red-tailed monkeys
- Cultural tour to local community
- Game drives & boat cruises
- Private guide & vehicle in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Track endemic animals like kob antelope
Type of Accommodation
Uganda Bwindi National Park, Queen Elizabeth National Park
- 1 night at The Boma Entebbe
- 3 nights at Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge
- 2 nights at Kyambura Gorge Lodge
Day to day itinerary
- Arrival at Uganda
- Airport transfer to Boma Guesthouse Entebbe (Built in 1940s)
- Spend the day in leisure in the antique yet elegant guesthouse
- Chartered flight to Kisoro Airstrip
- Drive through the mountain range to Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge
Take a walk in the Baniga forest, which is home to various endemic plants and birds. You can see the various species of chimpanzees in the rainforest during your afternoon exploration.
- Facing the Gorillas
On your third day, you will enter the National park for a faceoff with the endangered primates. The guide will take you on the trekking trip to track and experience the lifestyle of wild gorillas.
- Visiting the Nkuringo community
Interact with the natives living alongside the jungle for a cultural heritage experience, the African way. You can enjoy loads of amenities such as locally produced beer, view the scenic mountain range, and enjoy folk dance for a truly relaxing day.
- On to Ruwenzori Mountains
After a refreshing and eventful experience, you will travel to Kyambura lodge via boat in time to witness the marvelous sunset in the Ruwenzori Mountains.
- Exploring Queen Elizabeth National Park
The sixth day will embark you across grassy plains, watching a plethora of animal species until you arrive at the Queen Elizabeth National Park.
- Return to Entebbe
After a fulfilling adventurous experience, you will be transported back to the international airport to catch your flight.
- 1 Night at Boma Guesthouse Entebbe on dinner, bed and breakfast basis
- Shared light aircraft flights as specified in the itinerary
- Entrance fees for National Parks
- Laundry at Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge and Kyambura Gorge Lodge
- 3 Nights at Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge on fully inclusive basis
- 2 Nights at Kyambura Gorge Lodge on full board basis
- Day room at Boma Guesthouse Entebbe including dinner
- Transfers as specified in the itinerary
- Gorilla tracking permit for Bwindi Forest
- Activities as specified in the itinerary
- Chimp Tracking permit for Queen Elizabeth’s Kyambura Gorge
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature