For travel enthusiasts looking for an unadulterated safari and beach holiday, this ten day adventurous tour is the perfect combination of the feral wildlife of Botswana’s fabulous Okavango Delta and the picturesque white sand beaches of the stunning Bazaruto Archipelago in Mozambique.
For starters, tourists will be taken on a safari to the swarming woodlands and floodplains of Okavango Delta. This dramatic 4×4 safari drive from Camp Okavango to Xugana Islands is bound to blow you off your feet. To finish off with tranquility, a peaceful canoe ride has also been arranged for travelers. Flying off to Vilanculos via Johannesburg, tourists will be transferred to Azura in Mozambique.
These four days will be filled with sun, sand, and water. Island hop to the spectacular Bazaruto Archipelago where you can go scuba diving, snorkeling, and deep sea fishing. The crystal clear azure waters and powder white sand beaches have all the ingredients to help you relax and unwind.
- Blend big game with a beach holiday
- Travel to one of Moremi’s best areas
- Enjoy water and land safaris year-round
- Spot wildlife from a viewing deck
- Cruise the Delta in a traditional mokoro
- Enjoy truly amazing bird watching
- Island hop in the Bazaruto Archipelago
- Scuba dive, snorkel and deep-sea fish
- Feast on fresh seafood platters
Type of Accommodation
Mozambique Bazaruto Botswana Okavango Delta
- 2 nights at Camp Moremi
- 2 nights at Xugana Island Lodge
- 1 night at The Peech Hotel,
- 4 nights at Azura Benguerra
Day to day itinerary
Arrive at Camp Moremi
- The journey begins from Johannesburg, where you take a flight to Maun, Botswana.
- Transfer to Charter Flight for Camp Moremi, a breathtaking camp set on Xakanaxa Lagoon. This will be your base for the following two nights.
Explore the astounding Okavango Delta
The second day would be spent exploring the beautiful Okavango Delta. The delta sports a highly diverse ecosystem because of an eclectic mixture of habitats. For nature lovers, this is going to the one place they will love the most throughout the entire tour. The untamed wildlife has everything to offer from lions and elephants to aquatic animals like hippos and crocodiles.
Exploration of the Okavango Delta continues
A highly dramatic boat transfer, through the twisting waterways of Okavango Delta, will take place on day three. Xugana Island Lodge is where you will be lodging during the time you stay at Okavango Delta. This is the largest delta on earth with a lot to offer to its visitors; from the classic local cuisine to over a thousand species of birds to birdwatch.
Fly Back To Johannesburg
On the morning of day 5, tourists will take a private flight from Xugana Island Lodge. This flight would land in Maun. The stunning views in Maun are all you need to freshen your mind.
Arrive at Benguerra Island
After breakfast, tourists will head back to O.R. Tambo International Airport for their scheduled flight to Vilanculos. From there they will fly by a private helicopter to the magnificent Azura located on Benguerra Island. The rest of the day will entirely be for the tourists to relax and explore this gorgeous location, situated right on the wonderful beach.
Island hop in Bazaruto
The next three days will be spent experiencing Azura and relaxing on the pristine white beaches of Bazaruto Archipelago. With numerous dining options available, be sure to visit a restaurant that offers barbecued seafood for an out of this world experience.
The End of This Journey
- Go to the Vilanculos Airport
- Leave for home
- 1 Night at The Peech Hotel on bed and breakfast basis
- 4 Nights at Azura Benguerra on fully inclusive basis
- Return flight from Johannesburg to Maun
- Shared inter-camp light aircraft flights
- Return flight from Johannesburg to Vilanculos
- 2 Nights at Xugana Island Lodge on fully inclusive basis
- 2 Nights at Camp Moremi on fully inclusive basis
- Return helicopter transfers from Vilanculos to Azura Benguerra
- Return transfers from Johannesburg Airport to The Peech Hotel
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature