This 14-Day game viewing and safari expedition involve viewing and encountering wildlife within Kenya & Tanzania.
Starting in East Africa, the trip takes place in the national parks of Meru, Samburu, and Masai Mara. The next adventure awaits you in South Africa where you explore the beauty of Serengeti Lake, Manyara and Ngorongoro Crater.
Your first encounter will be with giraffes in Nairobi after which you will go for immense game drives in Meru National Park at Elsa’s Kopje. Your next stop will be Samburu Reserve where you visit the traditional Masai Mara after which you are taken to experience the great migration. Next adventure begins with wildlife of Tanzania, after which you can enjoy hot air balloon rides in Serengeti.
Ngorongoro will be your last stop where you are offered enormous Game drives and Bird watching expeditions. With hospitable lodges, beautiful natural views and professional guides at your disposal, this will be a trip to remember for a lifetime for your family!
- Family-friendly accommodation
- Excellent Big 5 wildlife encounters
- Witness the Great Migration in season
- Fantastic birding & the ‘Special 5’
- Game drives & safari walks
- Horse riding & hot-air ballooning
- Meet endangered Rothschild’s giraffes at Giraffe Manor
Type of Accommodation
Tanzania Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater Kenya Meru, Samburu, Masai Mara, Nairobi
- 1 night at The Giraffe Manor
- 2 nights at Elsa’s Kopje
- 2 nights at Samburu Intrepids
- 2 nights at Mara Intrepids Camp
- 3 nights at Singita Serengeti House
- 3 nights at The Manor at Ngorongoro
Day to day itinerary
Giraffes in Karibu Kenya
- Arrival in Nairobi
- Drive to Giraffe Manor
- One night stay
Giraffe Manor in Nairobi, neighboring Karen is a gorgeous looking old stone house having a private park with free-roaming Rothschild giraffes, at times, peaking in from the windows of the rooms.
The hospitable staff takes you for a visit at the Giraffe Center and then serves you with cocktails before serving you a luxurious dinner in a splendid dining room or a private family dinner at the terrace with a sky full of stars.
Mount Meru Slopes
- Check out of Giraffe Manor after breakfast
- Flight from Wilson Airport to Meru
- Game drive to Elsa’s Kopje with guide
- Two-night stay at Elsa’s Kopje Private House
On the top of an enormous hill with an enchanting view of Mount Meru and its surrounding hills, plains, and valleys; is your luxurious residence with two bedrooms, outside seating, enormous lounge and pool over the forest valley.
The magnificent charm of this park is the variety of animal habitats that reside within despite their size; like buffaloes, elephants, black and white rhinos, lions and leopards along with some of the rarest seen species. You are provided with a guide to discover the forest around, but if you feel a bit more adventurous, then you are free to explore the park on your own.
An Adventure in Samburu
- Check out from the Elsa’s Kopje Private House
- Flight to Samburu
- Game Drive to Samburu Intrepids Camp
- Two night stay at camp
Your base camp is set at the bank of Ewaso Nyiro River overviewing the vast Rift Valley of Samburu. Animals are dependent on the river for water and can be viewed from your campsite. You also get to watch the moving views of Northern Frontier Mountain.
The ‘Special Five’ of Africa; Grevy’s zebra, peculiar gerenuk antelope, reticulated giraffe, Beisa oryx and Somali ostrich are spotted in this region. Game drives are meant to explore the wild while walking safaris are meant to understand the details. Visiting the Manyatta shows you that life there has remained constant for centuries.
- Check out from Samburu Intrepids post-brunch
- Fly South to Masai Mara’s fabled plains
- Game drive with guide from airstrip to Mara Intrepids Camp
- Two nights stay at camp
Your camp is located only a small distance from the grand migration crossing, is sophisticated and designed in the classic safari style of East Africa.
If you are travelling during the migration period, you will witness more than a million zebra, gazelles and wildebeest pass the area in search of fresh water & grass while many predators including crocodiles wait to attack. Many stay back even outside the migration period and the Big 5 are resident to this place. You are in for a top of the chain wildlife encounter.
- Wrap up in Mara
- Flying across the border into Tanzania
- Taking another flight to Serengeti
- Drive to Singita Serengeti
- Three night stay at Singita Serengeti House
The Singita Serengeti House is located in this area with huge lush green plains in your background and resident animals including lions, hyenas, antelopes and giraffes.
At this beautiful location, the clear sky forms a perfect dome over your head which will put you in awe. It is a must-see sight, especially on your way back from game drives when the sun is setting and the lazy lions now start preparing to hunt.
A Magnificent Crater
- Check out from the Singita Serengeti House
- Fly to Ngorongoro Crater, Shangri-La Coffee Estate
- Settling at The Manor Cottage
- Three night stay at the cottage
The last three nights of South Africa are spent in this pleasant lodge built in Cape Dutch architecture with green gardens and coffee plantation hills surrounding it. The large, airy cottage is hospitable with a pair of bedrooms, separate verandah, dining room and a playroom upstairs.
The adventure here starts with a game drive exploring Lake Manyara National Park which is rich in diverse habitats. As it is covered by the lake, you will find many water birds here, including flamingos. The valleys around here are home to beautiful animals like elephants, antelopes, giraffes, buffaloes and lions famous for climbing trees.
The crater formed by a dead volcano, is a safe haven for all resident animals. You get a great adventure here as you set out to experience the Big 5 and other animals like Rhinos, Wildebeest, Zebras, and Hyenas.
Let’s go back home
- Check out from Ngorongoro Crater, Manor Cottage
- Drive to Airport
- Board a flight back home
The African adventure ends here alas! We are positive you are will take a lot of memories back with you including having close encounters with giraffes, rhinos, lions, elephants and wildebeest. We hope you have a great time and take this amazing adventure back home to your friends and come back for more.
- 13 nights accommodation on full board basis
- Game drives
- Hot air balloon safari
- Scheduled flights as specified in the itinerary
- Transfers as specified in the itinerary
- Kenya park and reserve fees
- Tanzania park entrance fees
- Tanzania government taxes and levies
- Tanzania medical evacuation cover
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature