This 15-day trip to Botswana and Zambia is carefully designed to suit families in search of an exciting trip to South Africa.
Explore South African wildlife, witness hundreds and thousands of different species of birds, soak in scenic views and indulge in safe yet action-packed activities on this trip that takes you to some of the best game viewing destinations of the continent.
- Explore the haunting Makgadikgadi Pans
- Go quad biking on the salt pans
- Explore the intricate waterways of the Okavango Delta
- Age-appropriate activities for over-12s
- Go on game drives in Chobe National Park
- Marvel at the drama of Victoria Falls
- Enjoy great game viewing on the Lower Zambezi
- Stay in luxurious safari accommodation
- Spend the night on a rooftop platform under the stars
Type of Accommodation
Zimbabwe Victoria Falls Zambia Victoria Falls, Lower Zambezi Botswana Okavango Delta, Kalahari, Chobe
- 3 nights at San Camp
- 3 nights at Xudum Okavango Delta Lodge
- 3 nights at Chobe Under Canvas
- 2 nights at Tongabezi Lodge
- 3 nights at Chongwe Albida Suite
Day to day itinerary
- Start your journey through South Africa by arriving at the Maun Airport in Botswana.
- Enjoy a quick flight on a charter plane to the very luxurious tented camp— the San Camp, located on the Makgadikgadi Pans in the glorious Kalahari Desert.
- Relax away at your camp or explore the nearby areas as you prepare yourself for the adventure that lies ahead.
Spend the next two days exploring the Makgadikgadi Pans and going out on thrilling game drives through the desert or set-off on a bird-watching walk to explore the exciting birdlife of the region.
Experience the very diverse wildlife that calls this region its home; from cheetahs to giraffes and of course, wildebeests and zebras, with a chance to experience the world-famous annual migration.
You fly out from Makgadikgadi back to Maun. From here you fly out on a charter plane to the very comfortable Xudum Tented Camp located in the Okavango Delta. Experience a complete difference in landscapes as you spend time in this very scenic region.
Spend time at your luxurious camp that offers great wildlife viewing opportunities. Explore the area with a professional guide by your side as you enjoy thrilling games and witness truly astonishing birdlife. Enjoy scrumptious dinner at the camp, go on a night drive in search of Botswana’s nocturnal mammals and birds and take part in water-based game viewing activities during your stay at the Xudum Camp.
Fly out from the Okavango Delta up north to the intimate town of Kasane. From here you will be transported to Chobe Under Canvas Camp, your luxurious abode. Soak in scenic views of the Chobe National Park, enjoy fun-filled activities with your family, go on morning game drives in exclusive safari vehicles and explore the diverse and rich wildlife of the region.
Get up bright and early and spend the next two days exploring the Chobe River. Enjoy sighting birds, go on a fishing trip with the family or simply explore the thickly forested banks of the river in search of animals and birds.
Visit Botswana’s renowned Chobe National Park with a trip on a tender boat. Experience 4×4 game drives and spot herds of elephants and buffalos. Spend your afternoon relaxing at the park and soak the beauty of nature as you enjoy a filling hi-tea completed by a game drive and a gourmet dinner towards the end of your day.
Head-off through the Zambian border to Livingstone where you spend your day relaxing at the Tongabezi Treehouse that offers breathtaking views of the Zambezi River.
Enjoy astay in Tongabezi as you and your family spend time enjoy luxurious amenities offered by the lodge. Relax by the pool or simply tour Livingstone’s museums along with the Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Park. Make the most out of your trip by enjoying a short trip to the Victoria Falls as you soak in the glorious views of the region.
Catch a flight from the Livingstone airport and head out to Lower Zambezi River passing by the capital city of Lusaka. Arrive at the homely Chongwe River Camp, your abode for the next three days.
Experience some two hundred species of wildlife that reside in Chongwe, best known as a bird lover’s true paradise. Set-off on thrilling 4×4 game drives or relax away by the river bank.
Bid farewell to the lands of Botswana and Zambia as you fly to Lusaka to head back home.
- 3 nights at San Camp on a fully inclusive basis
- 3 nights at Xudum Delta Lodge on a fully inclusive basis
- 3 nights at Chobe Under Canvas on a fully inclusive basis
- 2 nights at Tongabezi Lodge on a fully inclusive basis
- 3 nights at Chongwe Albida Suite on a fully inclusive basis
- Return air transfer from Maun to San Camp
- Air transfer from Maun Airport to Xudum Airstrip
- Air transfer from Xudum Airstrip to Kasane Airport
- Return transfer from Livingstone Airport to Tongabezi Lodge
- Flight from Livingstone Airport to Chongwe Albida Suite
- Flight from Chongwe Albida Suite to Lusaka
- International flights,Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature