Enjoy the most beautiful city of Cape Town including the Whale Coast and the Garden Route on this romantic and adventurous 16-day trip.
The itinerary of this trip is carefully designed to let you enjoy amazing sceneries and avail the best activities including comfortable accommodation. Your journey starts in Cape Town from the beautiful Cape Cadogan Boutique Hotel.
Relish soothing beach visits and after a quick warm up get on the cable car or hike up on the Mountain. You’ll be experiencing scenic Cape Winelands where you get to taste the delicious local wines and enjoy gourmet feasts during your stay in the elegant Alpine-Style town of Franschhoek.
Traveling along the beautiful Garden Route to Knysna Lagoon, Tsitsikamma Forest, Eastern Cape with an authentic Big 5 Safari in the Kwandwe Private Game Reserve, will definitely make your trip worth the effort.
- Drive down the scenic Cape Peninsula
- Explore the beautiful Cape Winelands
- Stay in the gourmet capital of Franschhoek
- Taste exquisite local wines & cheeses
- Watch whales from your cliff-top lodge
- Wind your way along the Garden Route
- Relax on beautiful golden-sand beaches
- Enjoy thrilling game-sightings in the private Kwandwe reserve
- Stay on the banks of the Great Fish River
Type of Accommodation
South Africa Whale Coast, Garden Route, Cape Winelands, Cape Town, Eastern Cape
- 3 nights at Cape Cadogan Boutique Hotel
- 3 nights at Franschhoek Country House and Villas
- 2 nights at Cliff Lodge
- 3 nights at Leisure Isle Lodge
- 4 nights at Kwandwe Great Fish River Lodge
Day to day itinerary
- Arrive at Cape Town International Airport
- Pick up your rental car and drive to the Cape Cadogan Boutique Hotel
- Visit beautiful beaches of Camps Bay and Clifton, cooling off with a sea-view cocktail afterward
- Enjoy a drive down the dramatic Cape Point
- Tantalize your taste buds with scrumptious lunch in the colorful towns of Kalk Bay or Simons Town
- Board an exciting ferry ride to the historic Robben Island
- The third day begins with a half-day cycle tour of the beautiful Cape Peninsula
- Ride through the Bantry Bay and stop at Darwin’s Rocks
- Pass through the Clifton and its four beautiful and eye soothing beaches for a dose of glorious views of the Twelve Apostles Mountains and Camps Bay Beach while roaming around the De Waterkant Village
Day 4 -6
Day 4 starts with a drive to the historical and elegant city of Franschhoek, the town of beautiful vineyards and magnificent mountain ranges.
- 3 nights stay in the warm Franschhoek Country House
- Enjoy fine dining in the Alpine-Style town which is also known as the Gourmet Capital of South Africa
Enthrall yourself with scenic walks and taste the finest local wines while you relax in the tranquility. Don’t miss treating yourself with delicious cheeses.
July till peak September is the best time for visiting the Whale Coast. You experience white sharks and whales rolling in the waves not too far from the shore. This view is equally breathtaking and terrifying.
- Drive to the scenic Whale Coast and check in at The Cliff Lodge
- Enjoy 180 degree views as you sip on a glass of wine
- Horse Riding, a round of Golf and a visit to nearby farms.
These two days will make you completely explore the famous Garden Route to the town of Knysna. Venture out to the ethnic forests and see the wildlife from a beautiful aerial view or browse along the town’s art galleries and shops. The plan follows as:
- Check in at The Leisure Isle Lodge
- Refresh yourself in the Lodge Pool
- A canopy tour in the idyllic Tsitsikamma Forest
Look out for the big game in Kwandwe! Continuing along the Garden Route, enter into the Eastern Cape. The last days of your trip will be spent on the banks of the Great Fish River which is going to be the right location to happily end your trip. The Big 5 safari experience is going to be an exciting part of your trip where you will get to see the wildlife of elephants, hippos, rhinoceros etc. Plan includes:
- Check in at the Great Fish River Lodge
- Big 5 Safari Experience
- Absolute guidance by expert rangers
- Excite yourself with game drives
- See the wild animals roaming freely
Time to bid farewell to South Africa with a collection of the best memories in mind and grab souvenirs for your loved ones.
Departing from the Kwandwe Great Fish River Lodge, head to Port Elizabeth where you will have to drop the car and fly back home.
- 3 Nights at Cape Cadogan Boutique Hotel on bed and breakfast basis,4 Nights at
- Kwandwe Great Fish Rive Lodge on fully inclusive basis
- Shark cage diving whilst staying at Cliff Lodge
- Tsitsikamma Canopy Tour whilst staying at Leisure Isle Lodge
- 16 days Car rental,Sunrise or Sunset Cycle Tour whilst staying at Cape Cadogan
- 3 Nights at Franschhoek Country House and Villas on bed and breakfast basis
- 2 Nights at Cliff Lodge on bed and breakfast basis
- 3 Nights at Leisure Isle Lodge on bed and breakfast basis
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature