Travel through four of Africa’s most beautiful countries in a deluxe style as you lodge into the super luxurious Rovos Rail from gorgeous Cape Town to Dar es Salaam and re-experience the days when a more stylish approach to travelling was taken.
It is a memorable trip through the beautiful South Africa, stunning Zimbabwe, gorgeous Zambia and breathtaking Tanzania. Watch the landscapes change completely along the way with stops in numerous captivating destinations en-route.
However, this tour is not about the train journey, tourists are going to enjoy a few days in the charming Cape Town before the trip ends at an archetypal beach sanctuary on the glamorous Indian Ocean island of Zanzibar.
- Explore vibrant Cape Town
- See Table Mountain & the Cape Winelands
- Travel on the world’s most luxurious train
- Enjoy a malaria-free Big 5 safari
- Take a tour of mighty Victoria Falls
- Scuba dive & snorkel the Indian Ocean
- Relax on powder-soft beaches
Dar es Salaam
Type of Accommodation
Tanzania Pemba Island, Dar Es Salaam, Zanzibar Zimbabwe Victoria Falls Zambia Victoria Falls South Africa Cape Town, Madikwe
- 3 nights at Ellerman House
- 14 nights at Rovos Rail
- 4 nights at Kilindi Zanzibar
Day to day itinerary
- Arrive at the Cape Town International Airport and meet with our representative
- Our representative will help you get transferred to the classy Ellerman House which will be your abode for the following four nights
- This is the best location as all the famous hallmarks are situated nearby the hotel
Day 2- Day 3
There are numerous different ways to spend your holidays in this amazingly diverse city. Bask in the dazzling sun on the celebrated beaches such as Camps Bay, relish a hike up the world-famous Table Mountain or visit the stunning Cape Winelands to sample some of the country’s finest wines.
For those who are up for a classy shopping experience, there is no better place on earth than the VA waterfront. This destination has a lot of different high-end boutiques and shops serving some of the best African Keepsake around the world. The Two Oceans Aquarium located over here is one of the most famous tourist destinations. For those looking for a calming experience, the ferry ride to Robben Island and a tour of the prison where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned will be the highlight of the journey.
- Travel to the famous Cape Town Station
- Board the Rovos Rail Pride of Africa which is going to be your luxurious abode for the next fourteen days
Day 5- Day 17
The Rovos journey makes its way through a number of the finest and the most beautiful landscapes in Africa. The train whizzes through South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia and Tanzania to its last destination: the breathtaking Dar es Salaam.
The train is stopped along the way during the journey so you can reconnoiter and sightsee on organized tours and trips. Tourist attractions include a two night long Big 5 safari in the beautiful Madikwe Game Reserve, exploring the cultural history, museum stopovers and an exquisite tour of the gorgeous Victoria Falls.
- Arrival at the bustling port city of Dar es Salaam
- Board a flight to the beautiful Island of Zanzibar
- Meet with our representative and get transferred to Kilindi Zanzibar
Day 19- Day 21
After a long and somewhat tiring train journey, Zanzibar is the perfect destination to kick back and relax. Spend these days in the warm dazzling sun in this peaceful destination, lounging on the powder white beaches and paddling in the cool azure waters.
Enjoy pampering yourself at the world famous Asian Spa which offers numerous treatments and relaxing massages. The hotel also offers a lot of different exciting activities to kill boredom. Few of the most common options are scuba diving and snorkeling. For a more romantic setting, take a dhow cruise to view the red and orange hues of the setting sun.
Bid farewell and leave for home with a lot of memories.
- 3 nights at Ellerman House on bed and breakfast basis
- 14 days on Rovos Rail from Cape Town to Dar Es Salaam on fully inclusive basis
- 4 nights at Kilindi Zanzibar on fully inclusive basis
- Return transfer from Pemba Island Airport to Kilindi Zanzibar
- Historical Stone Town Tour
- Sunset Dhow Cruise
- Scheduled flight from Dar Es Salaam to Pemba Island
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature