Uganda and Rwanda are known to be two of Africa’s most modern and exciting safari vacation spots where intrepid travelers enjoy discovering enormous tracts of tropical rain forest and endangered mandrills like gorillas and the golden monkeys.
Ten days is a munificent amount of time that the tourists get to spend here to really immerse themselves in the ethnicity of these pulsating countries. It also allows them to make the most of the numerous activities incorporated in this attentively compiled itinerary.
Tourists begin their Uganda adventure in Entebbe. From there, they will fly off to Lake Mutanda known famously as a birder’s paradise before they finally head off to the gorgeous Bwindi Impenetrable National Park where they enjoy 4 days chock filled with gorilla trekking, society visits to Nkuringo and the Batwa people, and guided walking trails through the Ivy and Kashasha Rivers.
Travelers are going to stay in different locations of Bwindi before they cross the border into Rwanda and the splendors of Volcanoes National Park. Here tourists will be guided by expert guides to track and observe a few more gorilla families in their natural habitat and hopefully also get a chance to view the mysterious golden monkeys who have expressive blue faces.
Then tourists set off to the beautiful Kigali, the magnificent capital of Rwanda, and home for their final night in Africa. Two of the most unforgettable moments in this booming city are going to be – one, a visit to the Genocide Memorial Centre and the other, having a tantalizing dinner at the Milles Collines Hotel, which has played an important role in Rwanda’s awe inspiring history.
- Cross Lake Mutanda by dugout canoe
- Gorilla trekking in Bwindi & Volcanoes National Parks
- Batwa & Nkuringo cultural experiences
- Learn more about Rwanda’s history
- Comfortable accommodation in pristine rainforest
Type of Accommodation
Uganda Bwindi National Park Rwanda Kigali, Volcanoes National Park
- 1 night at The Boma Entebbe
- 3 nights at Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge
- 2 nights at Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp
- 2 nights at Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge
- 1 night at Kigali Serena Hotel
Day to day itinerary
- Land at the Entebbe International Airport and meet with our representative
- The guide will accompany tourists to the comfortable and luxurious Boma Guesthouse
- The hotel has numerous facilities such as Wi-Fi and a huge swimming pool
Day 2- Day 4
Tourists go back to the Entebbe International Airport for their flight to the Kiroso Airstrip. It is always exhilarating to land in new territory and the tourists’ arrival here will be no different. From the airstrip, tourists will be taken for one of the most beguiling parts of their vacation: a three hour long canoe trip to the beautiful northern shore of Lake Mutanda where tourists will have a chance to view the crested cranes, black-headed herons along with hadeha ibises that reside here.
Tourists will enjoy a delicious lunch at the classy Mutanda Lake Resort before making their way via a safari vehicle to the gorgeous Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge, which is going to be their home for the next 3 nights. The third day is the one all tourists desperately wait for: today tourists get to view the rare yet very majestic mountain gorillas.
Led by a team of experienced trackers who are closely familiar with each and every individual gorilla and who understand their overnight progresses. Tourists will hike throughout the forest until they find these gentle mammals.
Once tourists go back to the Clouds, they can relax under therapist’s healing hands for a post trek body massage which will ensure that tourists do not awaken stiff and sore the next day. On day 4, members of the Nkuringo Community Development Foundation are going to accompany tourists on a half-day walk which will consist of Nkuringo Hill. Tourists will also be offered a tantalizing taste of village life which includes local delicacies.
Day 5 – Day 8
Tourists bid farewell to the very warm and friendly staff at Clouds and set off to explore the beautiful Buhoma with their expert guides. There are two different routes which could be taken: one which takes about 5 hours and is also known as the Ivy River trail and another which takes in the Kashasha River.
Once tourists reach Buhoma, having thoroughly enjoyed a day in the gorgeous wilderness of Buhoma, they will be driven to the northern side of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park where they will lodge into the stunning Gorilla Forest Camp. After an energizing night’s sleep, tourists once again lace up their hiking boots and finally set out to meet the members of the famous Twa tribe, who are regarded as the longest-standing residents of the Great Lakes region.
After having a delicious breakfast at Virunga Volcanoes Lodge, the expert guides take you inside the park to search for one of Africa’s most intriguing primates – the extraordinary golden monkeys. With their stunning blue faces and beautiful bronze coats, they are regarded as the continent’s most dazzling animals and live in troops of up to thirty energetic individuals.
Locating them is a hard task but is well worth all the effort! After a morning walk in the spectacular Volcanoes National Park, tourists depart for the flourishing city of Kigali, where they check into the classy Serena Hotel. The very final dinner of the trip is hosted at the beautiful Milles Collines Hotel, which has played a significant role in the Rwandan genocide in the early 1990s and is a cultural history heaven for history fanatics. It is, both, very humbling and moving to consider how much this country has progressed even after such destruction.
Bid farewell and fly back home with a lot of amazing memories.
- 1 Night at The Boma Guesthouse Entebbe on dinner
- bed and breakfast basis
- 3 Nights at Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge on fully inclusive basis
- 2 Nights at Gorilla Forest Camp on fully inclusive basis
- 2 Nights at Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge on fully inclusive basis
- 1 Night at Kigali Serena Hotel on bed and breakfast basis
- Activities as specified in the itinerary
- Transfers as specified in the itinerary
- Shared light aircraft flights as specified in the itinerary
- Laundry service,Private 4WD Vehicle with experienced Naturalist throughout safari
- Gorilla tracking permit for Bwindi Forest and Volcanoes National Park,Golden Monkey permit for Volcanoes National Park
- Entrance fees as specified in the itinerary
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature