This nine day itinerary is going to combine the sublime game viewing in Kenya’s best wildlife hotspots offering a diverse cultural tour with an amazing array of activities to choose from.
The Kenya odyssey starts at the Giraffe Manor which is a gorgeous English style country house. In this house, permanently reside the endangered Rothschild’s giraffes! Board the secluded flight to Solio Lodge which is one intimate camp tucked away with only six small thatched chalets.
This is also regarded as one of the first private rhino conservancies ever declared in Kenya. One of the most amazing activities includes a visit to the Aberdare National Park. The SaSaab Camp is going to be your humble abode for the three sensational game viewing days at the stunning Samburu. Masai Mara’s wilderness is also one of the most amazing locations included in the itinerary.
- Have breakfast with Rothschild’s giraffes
- Stay in a rhino sanctuary area
- Horse riding & mountain biking near Mount Kenya
- Optional helicopter flip
- Visit a Samburu manyatta (village)
- Camel trekking & fly camping
- Spectacular Great Migration viewing in season
Type of Accommodation
Kenya Laikipia, Masai Mara, Nairobi
- 1 night at The Giraffe Manor,
- 2 nights at Solio Lodge
- 3 nights at SaSaab Camp
- 3 nights at Sala’s Camp
Day to day itinerary
- Have your breakfast at the Giraffe Manor in the company of the endangered Rothschild’s giraffes
- This is a great place to relax after your long flight
- The highlights of this region are Karen Blixen Museum and the Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage
- After the peaceful night at the Giraffe Manor, you will catch the scheduled flight to the Nanyuki Airstrip in Laikipia
- Meet with our representative waiting for you at the airport
- Accompanied by our representative you will take the forty five minute drive to the Solio Lodge
This is one of the very first private rhino conservancies located in Kenya and is one of the most efficacious breeding projects for these censoriously endangered, gentle animals who have been descended from the days of the dinosaurs.
- It also offers very easy safari drives with a sundry of wildlife and dramatic scenery around the majestic Mount Kenya.
- Try your hand at a guided nature walk, horse riding or mountain climbing or get back in the safari vehicle for a day trip to the gorgeous Aberdare National Park in the Aberdare mountain range.
- Today tourists will catch a charter flight to the award-winning SaSaab Camp
- This camp is located on the community ground which is owned by the Samburu tribe
- The Samburu is a mishmash of colorful cultures and traditions which tourists who are history aficionados are going to love
- The Samburu Special 5, namely Grevy’s zebra, the adorable long-necked gerenuk, reticulated giraffe, besia oryx and the Somali ostrich, are the highlight of this region
There are numerous other tantalizing activities on offer for tourists at SaSaab as well, for instance, venturing deep into the stunning Samburu National Park for fly-camping, visiting the traditional Samburu manyatta (village), going market shopping for the local produce, lying on your back for stargazing, and honing your photography skills during the safari walks.
Day 7- 9
- Fly into the beautiful Masai Mara for the annual wildebeest migration
- This migration is regarded as one of the natural wonders of the world
- Visiting the Masai Mara is very important for all those who are in for the wildlife which Kenya has to offer
- Leave for home with a lot of amazing memories
- 9 nights accommodation on fully inclusive basis
- Inter-camp flights and transfers
- Specified gate, park and conservation fees
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature