This nine-day trip is the perfect mishmash of two of Zambia’s most beautiful destinations. The journey begins at the beautiful Busanga Plains where your accommodation will be the stunning Shumba Camp. Here luxury and the wildlife adventure go hand in hand. This is going to be one of the most magical experiences of your life. Following on, the next destination is going to be the bedazzling Chiawa Camp, located by the meandering Zambezi River in the Lower Zambezi National Park. During your stay over here you will be able to experience both the night and day drive simultaneously! The activities over here include everything from white water rafting to bungee jumping.
- Excellent big-game viewing
- Search for the lion prides of Busanga
- Day & night game drives
- Guided safari walks in search of rare roan antelope
- Hot-air ballooning & riverside massages
- Canoeing & tiger fishing in the Zambezi
- Adrenalin activities at Victoria Falls, including bungee jumping
Type of Accommodation
Zimbabwe Victoria Falls Zambia Victoria Falls, Kafue National Park, Lower Zambezi
- 3 nights at Shumba Camp
- 3 nights at Chiawa Camp
- 2 nights at Toka Leya
Day to day itinerary
Day 1- Day 3
- Arrive at the Lusaka International Airport
- Meet with our representative waiting to welcome you at the airport
- Accompanied by the representative, you will be transferred to the Kafue National Park
- When you land at the airstrip our guide is going to take you on the game drive to the stunning Shumba Camp
Located within the grove of huge fig trees, this warm and sophisticated lodge overlooks the boundless vista of the stunning Busanga Plains, which is often dotted with numerous species of game. The elegant central building has a graceful open-plan design that integrates a dining room, lounge in addition to a bar which spills out onto the further lounge extents on the high decking, with a small plunge pool off to one side.
Day 4- Day 6
- After the final morning’s activities and a tantalizing brunch, tourists will bid Shumba farewell and return to the airstrip.
- When you land at the airstrip, our new representative collects you for the safari drive to Chiawa Camp.
- Perfectly located in a coppice of evergreen mahogany trees, this stunning camp blends into the surroundings almost effortlessly
Your canvas suite is huge and spacious, built on an elevated platform along with a double roof to guarantee a cool airflow. The decking spreads to an extensive outdoor porch and lounge areas, which are ideal when you want to curl up and admire the breathtaking view. The interior is sophisticatedly designed without being oo profligate, and every convenience is on hand to make the tourist feel at home. The en-suite bathroom features a huge claw-footed bathtub, as well as both an indoor and an outdoor shower.
- The dense forests support a great number of herbivores, from kudu and impala to giraffe and zebra
- As the night grows deep, your safari guide switches on the filtered red spotlight for the return journey to the peaceful camp. This also allows tourists to view the nocturnal wildlife which resides here
Day 7- Day 8
- Tourists will depart from the gorgeous Chiawa after their final morning activities and a delicious brunch on the terrace.
- As you fly upstream, you are going to follow the meandering course of the stunning Zambezi Valley and the huge Chiawa until you see the spray of the gorgeous Victoria Falls in the distance
- Land at the airport where our guide will be waiting to accompany you to the Toka Leya Camp
A number of other activities are available for tourists to enjoy, depending on their interests. Safari drives in the national park divulge a myriad of wild animal species such as the white rhino. The flowing river allows tourists to experience some of the most excellent sports fishing, or tourists can also test their nerve and mettle with bungee jumping over the gorge or take to the water on a white water rafting trip!
- Bid farewell and fly back home with a lot of amazing memories to treasure for a lifetime
- 3 Nights at Shumba Bush Camp on fully inclusive basis
- Shared light aircraft flights as per the itinerary
- Selected park fees and entrance fees
- Road transfers as per the itinerary
- Hot air balloon activity
- 3 Nights at Chiawa Camp on fully inclusive basis
- 2 Nights at Toka Leya on fully inclusive basis
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature