Lux Belle Mare is a beautiful beach hotel located on the eastern coast of Mauritius. It can be found on the beach of Belle Mare, which is an attractive turquoise lagoon. The hotel offers an excellent opportunity for the perfect beach retreat for families with facilities, including a kids’ club which has all the fun-filled activities.
The lagoon is the perfect paradise for water sports activities and swimming, while the white sandy beach which is in front of the hotel is covered with thatched umbrellas. Volunteer yourself for windsurfing, scuba diving, and sailing. There are other on-site activities too which include tennis, yoga, and mountain biking in the nearby surrounding areas. There is also horseback riding on Belle Mare Beach.
There is a lot to do at the Lux Belle Mare. The tea room has about 90 different tea recipes for you to try, and you can enjoy a Mari Kontan rum and beer tasting at the Lux Beer Academy. You can go out in the evenings to the beach to see outdoor movies or dance all night long while listening to music, which includes a DJ, who can play your favorite techno music tracks.
- Rum, beer & 88 different tea tastings
- Horse riding on Belle Mare beach
- Outdoor cinema on the beach
- Creole language lessons
- On a gorgeous turquoise lagoon
- Huge swimming pool
- Luxurious spa with relaxing treatments
- All-inclusive upgrade option available
Tripadvisor Travelers Choice Awards 2016 – #2 of Top 25 Hotels in Africa, Tripadvisor Travelers Choice Awards 2016 – #1 of Top 10 Hotels in Mauritius, Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2016 – #13 of Top 25 Luxury Hotels in Africa
Mauritius, East Coast, Belle Mare Peninsula
Type of Accommodation
You can relax on the awe-inspiring sandy beach in front of the hotel and feel the sand between your toes under the shade of the straw umbrellas. You can also choose to spend your day in the large luxurious pool which overlooks the lagoon. There is also the special luxury of having your mom and dad to relax as the kids have fun at the Kid’s Corner which includes all their favorite activities.
Try out the Mari Kontan rum or beer at the on-site beer academy, learn to speak Creole like a professional or go out to enjoy a walk on Belle Mare Beach. If you want to take your adventure further, drive a Martone bicycle to a nearby village.
Get up and dance in the evening like Sega Dancing, participate in a cabaret dance or relax while watching a movie in a comfortable setting on the beach.
Lux Belle Mare also has the luxury of a wedding shop with all your wedding necessities including a professional wedding photographer and a spa center.
- Swimming Pool
- Concierge service
- Curio or Gift shop
- Room service
- Wi-fi available
- Babysitting service available
- Hair salon
- Children’s Club
- Laundry service
- Tennis Court
The different choices of spices and ingredients from the distant beaches create a motivation for the Lux Belle Mare chef, who is an expert in French and cosmopolitan cooking.
- Rive Gauche is the main hotel’s outdoor pool restaurant and serves well-prepared Mauritian dishes. The restaurant also organizes gala and themed evenings.
- La Mediterranee’s main specialty includes deliciously grilled barbecues and light dishes with typical Mauritian and Mediterranean recipes which are served directly on the beach.
- East is a new concept of the restaurant which allows Lux Belle Mare to have an Asian touch. The restaurant serves a variety of Chinese, Japanese, and Thai dishes in an elegant and modern setting.
- The Senses restaurant is named because the chef prepares dishes with full of flavors and aromas, all with an Indian cuisine style and touch. Savor the freshly prepared dishes which includes all the herbs, spices and the best local ingredients.
- Club Savanne is a bar with an African style jazz theme. It’s the perfect place to enjoy your favorite cocktail drinks with an expensive Cuban cigar.
- Monsoon Lounge and Bar provides light lunches and refreshing cocktails, during the whole day.
- Duck Lounge offers modern Chinese dishes from its open kitchen. Lux Belle Mare also has the option of a food truck where you can taste mouth-watering snacks.
There are 121 elegant junior suites with private bathrooms, thatched roofs, well-maintained gardens, air conditioning and terraces or balconies with provides breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean.
In addition to the extra space, all suites feature a private bathroom with a private hot tub.
Junior Suite AMENITIES
- En-suite bathroom
- Mini bar
- Wi-fi available in room
Other Room Types
The Lagoon Suites offer additional space and are located closest to the beach, while the Honeymoon Suites provide a romantic retreat complete with four-poster beds.
There are also themed Suites such as the African Senior Suite, a Chinese Senior Suite, and the extremely spacious Maharajah Suite sumptuously decorated with Indian details.
These Suites are appropriately inspired by cultures that have influenced Mauritius. Along with the added space, the Lagoon, Honeymoon, Senior and Maharajah Suites all come equipped with an en suite bathroom featuring a private hot tub.
- Local village visits
- Day tours
- Boat excursions
- Beach activities