Located in Franschhoek in the Cape Winelands, the hotel promises excellent services and breathtaking views. Being only a quick walk away from some of the region’s renounced restaurants, art galleries and boutiques, your stay at the Akademie Street Guesthouses offers you a perfect opportunity to explore the beautiful town of Franschhoek.
Spend your time relaxing at this boutique hotel as you head to experience Cape Town’s magnificent Winelands. The trip is completed with cheese and chocolate tastings experience; during your stay at the Akademie Street Guesthouses.
- Located in the heart of Franschhoek
- Stay in beautifully restored manor houses
- Small boutique hotel set in 5 individual buildings
- Enjoy friendly & attentive service
- Perfect for family stays
South Africa, Cape Winelands, Franschhoek
Type of Accommodation
The Akademie Street Guesthouses does the most when it comes to ensuring that you have a comfortable and luxurious stay. Wake up to a delicious breakfast in the lush gardens of the hotel.
Take advantage of 24-hour concierge service, enjoy access to the internet as you plan your day and unwind at the hotel four well-maintained swimming pools.
- General Facilities
- Swimming Pool
- Laundry service
- Secure Parking
- Wi-fi available
The hotel offers freshly prepared English breakfast each morning. Head out to some of Franschhoek’s award-winning restaurants for a scrumptious lunch and dinner completed with a delicious wine made fresh in Cape Town
The Akademie Street Guesthouses offer five different African themed homes and guesthouse suites to choose from.
- The Uitsig One Bedroom Suite is a private suite with stellar views of the glorious African mountains. The large bedroom includes a king-size bed, an en-suite bathroom, and heated floorings and features a shared pool.
- Oortuiging One Bedroom Suite is a two-bedroom traditional Franschhoek cottage constructed in the 1860s. The two rooms are equipped with en-suite bathrooms. The master bedroom features a king-size bed, where the second bedroom has a twin bed ideal for children. The cottage features a sitting area, fully-equipped kitchen, a spacious dining area, private pool and a garden.
- Gelatenheid One Bedroom Cottage features a spacious two-story guest house, a large balcony, en-suite bathroom, a lounge area, fully-equipped kitchen and a private pool and garden.
- Twyfeling One Bedroom Suite features a Cape Dutch-style home with a living area, a personal library, two large bedrooms and a private conservatory.
- Uitsig One Bedroom Suite AMENITIES
- En-suite bath and shower
- Underfloor heating
Other Room Types
Gelatenheid (Equanimity) is a beautiful and spacious double storey guesthouse with a large balcony and lovely views over the Franschhoek Winelands. It has a loft-style upstairs bedroom, en suite bathroom and a spacious lounge area.
Downstairs the guesthouse has a large lounge and kitchenette which leads out onto a veranda with a private pool and garden.
Oortuiging (Conviction) is an original two-bedroom Franschhoek cottage built in the 1860s. Both rooms are en suite bathrooms with the master bedroom consisting of a extra length king-size bed, and the second bedroom has a twin bed.
The rest of the house includes a lounge, kitchen and spacious dining room. It also has its own swimming pool and garden.
Uitsig (View) is a private upstairs suite that enjoys wonderful views of the mountains from a sunny balcony.
The spacious bedroom has an extra length king-size bed with an ultra-modern en suite bathroom and underfloor heating. The Uitsig shares a pool and lovely garden with the Twyfeling suites.
Twyfeling (Doubting) is a gracious Cape Dutch-style house and completely self-contained. It has its own living room, library and two spacious bedroom suites, one of which has its own private conservatory area and beautiful views.
- Day tours
- Gym within walking distance
- Local village visits
- Restaurants within walking distance
- Wine tasting
- Fly fishing