This eight-day trekking trip takes tourists along the most popular route up the stunning Mount Kilimanjaro. When compared to the Marangu and Rongai routes, Machame Route is the prettiest to follow if you want the best views of the surrounding Mount Meru, Shira Ridge, and Kibo Peak. The steep sections and the high altitudes also make it a difficult mountain to climb towards the Barranco Camp which is going to be your humble abode for the next few days. As you summit Africa’s highest peak, you are going to have one of the best experiences of your life. This is a one in a lifetime journey which you will never forget.
Kilimanjaro’s beautiful Machame Route
Summit Uhuru Peak at 5 895m (19 340ft)
Views of Mount Meru, Shira Ridge & Kibo Peak
Rich scenery: rainforest, moorland & alpine desert
Easy add-on tours to the Serengeti & Zanzibar island
Type of Accommodation
Tanzania Mount Kilimanjaro, Kilimanjaro
1 night at Keys Hotel 5 nights at Camping
Day to day itinerary
- Arrive at the Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Meet with our representative waiting for you at the airport
- Accompanied by the representative get transferred to the Keys Hotel in Moshi.
- Spend the rest of the time unwinding and relaxing to get ready for the journey which lies ahead
- After dinner, take a pre trekking briefing, go to sleep excited about what lies ahead!
- Have a delicious and hearty breakfast before you set off for the day’s adventure
- Drive to the Kilimanjaro National Park, where our guide is going to register you with the National Park’s office
- Walk through the dazzling lush rainforest carpeted by the green moss and thick with primitive ferns
- You will get to witness the white and black colobus monkeys
- After six hours of trekking, you will reach your humble abode: the beautiful Machame Camp
- Day three is very important as tourists are going to trek for six hours straight!
- The open moorland allows tourists to view the gorgeously stunning scenic beauty of the Shira Ridge
- You will reach your new camp named as New Shira Camp which is established during the afternoon
- The sunset view of the Kibo Peak glacier is one of the best moments you are going to experience while over here
- Today the trek is going to be even longer, up to seven hours trekking where you will be moving above the Shira Plateau towards the Lava Tower
- When you move towards the Lava Tower, the plant life is slowly going to subside as you move towards the afro-alpine zone
- You will reach your new camp which is named Barranco Camp which set in a pretty little valley surrounded by Lobelia and Senecio plants.
- Todays the trek is going to become a little challenging but exciting at the same time for those with an adventurous streak
- From this point onwards, the steep climb begins from where you will climb over the Barranco Wall. This is also known to be the sharpest route in the entire trip
The route moves along the ridge, bringing tourists to the lovely Karanga Valley, just in time for a delicious lunch. Tourists will reach their destination the Barafu Camp by the afternoon to rest and prepare to trek to the top of the mountain. After they take an early dinner, they will sleep for a few hours before they are woke up again at midnight to begin their final shove to the top.
- Today is going to be both challenging and exhilarating
- The trek continues for almost two hours along the crater ridge to the peak of Uhuru Mountain, a bravura 5
- Tourists will descend to Barafu Camp by noon, warmly greeted by the mountain crew and euphoric by the oxygen flooding their lungs.
- The three-hour descent starts after lunch and rest
- After a delicious breakfast, the crew is going to sing a farewell song following the traditions
- The easy three-hour hike is going to bring you to Mweka Gate
- After breakfast, the driver is going to get you to the Kilimanjaro International Airport for your onward journey
- Move on home with a lot of amazing memories
01 night on a Dinner only basis,06 nights on a Full Board basis,Professional English-speaking guide & Mountain crew (cook & porters),Meals & Drinking water according to the itinerary,Camping equipment (tents, sleeping mats, chairs, tables etc.),All national park fees,All mentioned transfers
International flights,Airport taxes,All meals and drinks not specified,Tips and gratuities,Items of a personal nature