An eight-day trip to Uganda’s famous location where you can witness the intimidating mountain gorillas.
The endangered species is protected in the Kibale Forest National Park where you can witness the predators from just a few feet away. There are various renowned attractions in Uganda such as the Crater Lakes and Fort Portal for a truly marvelous experience.
Visit the spectacular Rwenzori Mountains on your way to Queen Elizabeth National Park which has the famous tree-climbing lions. Go to Bwindi Forest and enjoy extensive game drives for an adventurous getaway.
- Private, guided 4×4 road safari
- Chimps & monkeys in Kibale
- Gorilla tracking in Bwindi
- Game drives in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- A boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel
- Prolific birdlife
Type of Accommodation
Uganda Bwindi National Park, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Kibale Forest National Park
- 2 nights at Primate Lodge – Kibale
- 2 nights at Mweya Safari Lodge
Day to day itinerary
Explore Ugandan tea plantations
Drive to Fort Portal from Kampala under the shadow of renowned Mountains of the Moon that has vast tea plantations. Enjoy a scrumptious meal as you pass the Crater Lakes before reaching the primate lodge at the Kibale National Park
Start your adventurous day in the Kibale Forest as you track the chimpanzees in the biggest reserve in East Africa. View diverse species such as the black and white colobus monkeys and the red-tailed monkeys. Enjoy a delicious lunch at the Bigodi Wetland Walk that has spectacular birdwatching in the swampy region.
Rwenzori Mountain Walk
Head out to the foothills of the spectacular Rwenzori Mountains that has a rich cultural heritage. Visit the local villages and explore the prevailing culture of the region which includes a rare opportunity to meet the local witchdoctor. Go on to Queen Elizabeth National Park for adventurous game drives where you can see warthogs, waterbucks, buffalos, and elephants.
Kazinga Channel Cruise
Enjoy an exciting early morning game drive into the Queen Elizabeth National Park and visit the Ugandan Kob antelopes’ mating ground. Keep an eye for lions, bushpigs, and other wild animals for a thrilling game drive experience. Enjoy cruising on the Kazinga channel where you can witness hundreds of lazy hippos covering the shoreline.
Famous tree-climbing lions
Go on a short game drive to view the famous tree climbing lions known as the Ishasha in native language. There are various traditional villages along the way as you head towards the renowned Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park.
Endangered Mountain Gorillas
Trek through lush rainforests of the conservatory area in your quest to search the almost-extinct mountain gorillas. Feel intimidated by standing only a few feet away from the gorillas who live in packs of approximately 30-35. The latter part of the trip will involve exploring local villages and tasting native culinary dishes for an enriched experience.
After a marvelous exploration trip in some of Africa’s best national parks and witnessing various predators and animals, you will head to the airport to board your flight back home.
- 2 nights at Primate Lodge Kibale on full board basis
- English speaking driver/guide
- Entrance fees and ranger fees for national parks
- 2 nights at Mweya Safari Lodge on full board basis
- 2 nights at Mahogany Springs on full board basis
- 1 night at Protea Hotel Entebbe on bed and breakfast basis
- Chimp tracking in Kibale Forest
- Guided nature walks in Kibale Forest and Bigodi Swamp
- Game drive in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Meet with gorillas – the gentle giants of Bwindi,Boat cruise along the Kazinga Channel
- Bottled water throughout the safari
- Permit for chimp tracking in Kibale Forest
- AMREF insurance
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- All meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of a personal nature